Coronavirus : English People
The corona virus is spreading in the whole of France. The French President, Mr Macron has decided that in order to fight this “health war” with an invisible enemy, we all have to adopt right actions that protect :
- Stay at home
- Wash you hands regularly
- Cough or sneeze in elbow
- Use single use handkerchiefs
- Greet each other, don’t shake hand and avoid kissing
Should you have to travel, you will need a “special dispensation” which can be found thanks this link : https://mobile.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-derogatoire-et-justificatif-de-deplacement-professionnel). Please print this and fill it in as and when it is required for your travel. You can also get it in town hall. You need one form for each person travelling either on their own or with others (if for example you share a car). I draw your attention that it is valid only for one day.
You have 5 reasons allowed for your travels if these are absolutely necessary and nothing else. These are as per the form.
- Travel between my home and my work, when remote work isn’t an option (you’ll also have to fill the work travel document) or work travels can’t be canceled;
- Travel to purchase essential goods within the nearest facilities (list available at gouvernement.fr);
- Travel for medical reasons;
- Travel for family reasons, to assist vulnerable individuals, or for child care;
- Short travels, close to home, for individual physical activity (excluding group sports), or linked to the needs of pets.
The police, gendarmerie and even the armed forces will be policing the country. Should you be stopped and not have the special dispensation, you will be fined 135€.
I hope, my dear Residents, that you will support these drastic measures in fighting this “health war” and protecting not only you but the community around you. It is with your help that we shall succeed in beating this dreadful virus.
I remain at your service for further information.